After purchasing the Life Insurance policy (LIC policy), checking the status is the utmost important thing. Until you check the status you won’t be able to see the key information regarding the policy, like loans, payment, benefits payable, claim status, quotation, bonus received, etc. It’s quite natural that people forget to pay the premium on the due date, even sometimes they miss the grace period as well. As a result, they need to pay a penalty. So, to avoid such problems it is advisable to check the status from time to time.
In earlier days people used to visit the branch to check the status, but now everything is within your reach. Let’s see how you can check your policy status.
Check LIC Policy Status through the Official Website
If you are registered users, you can check your policy status directly from the website. If you are a new user or just have purchased the policy newly you need to complete the registration procedure first. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the policy status for registered users only.
- Visit the official website of LIC. You will see the “online service” option on the homepage. Click on that and a new page will open, where few options are mentioned like a customer portal, online loan, pay premium online. You need to click on the customer portal. Once you clicked the service page of LIC it will open and will show a link for the registered users. It will take you to the login page.
- Once you enter to the login page, enter the user ID, password and the Date Of Birth to sign in. Once you have done the process you will be able to check your LIC policy status. Remember that the e-services provided by LIC are absolutely free.
Steps to Check LIC Policy Status for New Users
Are you a new user? You need to complete the registration process first before you check your status. Choose a username and give a password. After the registration, you will receive an automated email.
- Now enrol your policy. Fill the online policy enrolment form, where you need to put some basic details of the holder. Print the page and sign on it and submit to your nearest LIC branch.
- The insurance agent of the branch will provide you the acknowledgment and validate the policy.
- After registration, you can add the policy in the website just by giving the policy number and the amount of the due premium.
- The information will be verified by the insurer, and after that, your policy status will be displayed on the screen. If there is an error in the information, a message will be sent to you to rectify the given details.
Check LIC Policy Status through SMS
Apart from the above-mentioned steps, you can use the SMS service as well to check the status. If you do not have the time to log in on the website or mobile application or you are a new user and have to register yet then SMS is the best option.
You can check the policy status by sending an SMS at 56767877 using the following code for your query
|Enquiry Type||SMS Code|
|Premium installment||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>PREMIUM|
|Bonus Amount||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number> BONUS|
|Revival Amount||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>REVIVAL|
|Amount of Loan Available||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>LOAN|
|To Check the Status of Nomination Details||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>NOM|
SMS Code to Check LIC Pension Policy Status
|Enquiry Type||SMS Code|
|IPP Policy Status||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>STAT|
|Existence Certificate Due||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>ECDUE|
|Last Annuity Release Date||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>ANNPD|
|Annuity Amount||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>AMOUNT|
|Cheque Return Information||Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>CHQRET|