Most of the women consider pregnancy as a boon in their life. Even if it’s a female or male kid, people often relish whenever they hear the news that they are pregnant. But, there could be some cases wherein people don’t want to rush to become pregnant. Even if they don’t use some contraceptive pills they might become pregnant. In such a case, if you don’t wish to continue the pregnancy then, there is an option to abort the child from further developing in the womb. MTP Kit is a medicine that helps the women to abort the pregnancy in a safe and secure manner.
There are several medications that help women to abort the child and discontinue their pregnancy. MTP Kit can be used to make abortion in women who are pregnant for about 7 weeks or 50 days i.e., one and a half month. Usually, the doctors suggest this medicine for abortion. Here is everything you need to know about the MTP Kit, its uses, side effects, precautions, interactions, dosage and more. Have a look!
What is MTP Kit?
MTP Kit is actually a termination of pregnancy and sometimes referred to as the abortion pill. Whenever you use this pill, there is no necessity for undergoing surgery for abortion. Hence, the MTP Kit is referred to as a non-surgical abortion method. One can easily stop their pregnancy right from their home. It is actually a blend of two medicines such as Mifepristone and Misoprostol. These are the major ingredients used in this pill. The ingredients fall under the category of various female hormones that are used for abortion in a medicinal manner. It helps in aborting the intrauterine pregnancy for about 63 days of fertilization. Among these ingredients, Misoprostol is a prostaglandin analog. On the other hand, Mifepristone is a progesterone antagonist. The hormones work in an effective manner to erupt the pregnancy and cause vaginal bleeding.
Benefits of MTP Kit
Here are some of the notable benefits or uses of MTP Kit as listed below:
- The major benefit of MTP Kit is that it helps in terminating pregnancy which is less than 7 weeks old.
- In some cases, the doctors suggest this medicine for labor induction if there is an indication of fetal death.
- Before proceeding to the surgical procedure, women can intake this medicine to terminate their pregnancy.
- Sometimes, MTP Kit is recommended to control the increased blood sugar levels in the patients who are suffering from Cushing’s syndrome alongside Type 2 Diabetes.
Side Effects of MTP Kit
Just like the benefits, you may come across some of the side effects of MTP Kit as listed below:
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Pain in the chest
- Horrible Sweating
- Trouble in breathing
- Pain in abdomen
- Unable to urinate freely
- A headache
- Loss of Strength
When to stop using MTP Kit?
There are some conditions wherein you need to stop using this medication for your healthy life. Some of them have been listed below:
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients present in MTP Kit then, stop using it.
- When your pregnancy forms outside the uterus then, stop using this pill
- At the time of using anticoagulants, don’t use this medication.
- If you are older than 35 years and have a habit of smoking then, never intake this pill
- People suffering from asthma, kidney and liver diseases should avoid this tablet.
How to Use MTP Kit for Safe Abortion
If you are seeking to have an abortion in a safe manner then, you need to follow some guidelines as prescribed by the health physician.
- Try to use MTP Kit only after proper recommendation and prescription from the doctor.
- Take suggested dosage of this medicine at right time in a day.
- As this is an oral medication, you need to intake it through the mouth.
- The patients need to intake this tablet alongside the food in order to evade gastric problems.
- Before you begin the treating using MTP Kit, you need to stop using Intrauterine device.
- You need to take 200 mg of Mifepristone tablet as it aids from hindering the progesterone that interferes with the significant hormones that in turn help with the development of pregnancy.
- You need to wait for about 24 to 48 hours after consuming this medicine.
- You need to take 4 Misoprostol tablet as a single dosage 3 days after using the above said medicine. You can use it by keeping between the cheeks or beneath the tongue.
How does this medicine work?
MTP Kit hinders the progesterone effect by assigning it to particular receptors. As a result, it sensitizes the inner linings of the uterus and leads to vaginal bleeding and contractions. Besides this, this medicine blocks the cortisol effect at particular receptions and diminishes the effect generated due to this hormone.
Substitutes to MTP Kit
The major substitute of MTP Kit is given below. It has the similar strength, composition and produces identical results to the patients who intake it.
- Herwont 200 Mg/200 Mg Kit – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited usually manufactures this medicine.
FAQs on MTP Kit
Check out some of the frequently asked questions about MTP Kit:
- What is the duration of the effect of this tablet?
The impact of this medicine lasts long for about a week or 10 days.
- In how much time does it show its effect?
It might take at least 1 to 2 hours to show its effect on the person who intakes it.
- Are there any contradictions of MTP Kit?
Some of the contradictions to this medicine include the following:
- Chronic Adrenal Failure
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Is MTP banned in India?
Yes, the Government has banned the manufacturing of MTP Kit in India for a long time.