The green tea is called Camellia Sinensis in the Latin language. It comes from a shrub and the black tea comes from the same shrub. The tea leaves are obtained from the shrub and then they are boiled to make the green tea. Green tea is a powerful antioxidant. The green tea is not fermented unlike black and other teas. Green tea has more antioxidant properties than other kinds of teas because it is not fermented. The fermentation of tea destroys the health benefits that the tea leaves have.
Green Tea Benefits
The extract of green tea is much more powerful than other teas. Here are certain benefits of green tea.
- Green tea contains polyphenols that increase antioxidant enzymes in the body including glutathione. This property of green tea helps in treating arthritis. The glutathione helps in reducing inflammation and prevents cartilage breakdown.
- Green tea is a powerful antioxidant than Vitamin C and E. All the anti-oxidants help in fighting the free radicals that can lead to damaging cells in the body. Green tea helps in fighting diseases that can be caused by damage created by free radicals better than vitamins. The free radicals cause premature aging and other diseases and green tea prevents all those problems.
- Green tea has antioxidant properties that will reduce the chances of developing cancer in the digestive system, cervical cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Green tea helps in reducing cholesterol levels and high cholesterol levels can lead to blood clots and atherosclerosis. So, green tea helps in preventing these two problems.
- Green tea helps in balancing the estrogen levels in the body. It helps in relieving the symptoms of menopause in the body such as hot flashes during day and night. The balanced estrogen level in the body reduces such hot flashes and also prevents certain types of breast cancer.
- Green tea helps in preventing tooth decay in humans.
- It also helps as a diet suppressant which ultimately leads to weight loss.
- Green tea helps in improving air flow in the lungs which is especially beneficial for asthma patients.
- Green tea helps in improving the mental strength of humans as well.
- Green tea is a great immunity booster as well which prevents the human body overall from external problems.
- There is bad cholesterol in the body and the excess amount of that in the body can build up plaque in the walls of arteries. This build-up can lead to a heart attack. So, one should have green tea to avoid such build up in the body.
- The glucose is like fuel for the body. Green tea helps in regulating the glucose level in the body. The glucose that is not used in the body accumulates there as fat. So, green tea balances it which eventually helps in losing weight as well.
So, one can have all these benefits of green tea. It does not mean that one can drink it once and he will get all these benefits. One has to intake green tea on regular basis to avail of these benefits.
You Must be Interested in the Benefits of the Following